“It was pretty clear.” Mark Ebenhoch told Buzz Feed that he had been working as a military adviser on the set of , in which Spacey played a supporting role, when one of Spacey’s on-set assistants propositioned him on Spacey’s behalf.“They asked flat out to engage in a sexual act,” Ebenhoch alleged. It blew me away.” Ebenhoch told Buzz Feed that he rejected the invitation and avoided Spacey for the duration of the production.After his claims went public on October 29, Rapp stated on Twitter that he was coming forward in solidarity with the dozens of women who’ve made allegations against Harvey Weinstein, as well as other assault survivors, “standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out to shine a light and hopefully make a difference.” Spacey responded to Rapp’s allegations by issuing a statement on Twitter in which he said he owed Rapp “the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.” Spacey then added, “This story has encouraged me to address other things about my life. I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior.” The statement marked the first time Spacey had ever officially publicly confirmed his sexuality, which is usually something to celebrate.I know that there are stories out there about me and that some have been fueled by the fact I have been so protective of my privacy. But many people interpreted his statement and his choice to come out in response to Rapp’s allegations as an attempt to distract from the seriousness of the charge that he had preyed on an underage target.
And in the days that followed, several other accusers came forward to make their own allegations against Spacey, challenging his implication that his behavior was an isolated incident of irresponsible drunkenness.Cavazos alleged that Spacey touched him inappropriately numerous times, and said that Spacey would frequently grope men while hanging out at the Old Vic’s bar.“It appears that all that was needed was a male under the age of 30 for Mr. “It was so common that it turned into a local joke (in very bad taste).” On November 3, Buzz Feed reported that an anonymous actor recently contacted the Old Vic to report that Spacey “repeatedly sexually assaulted him in a public place in 2013.” No further detail was reported, but the actor told Buzz Feed that Spacey treated the theater “like a playground.” On November 16, the Old Vic announced that it had received 20 “personal testimonies” through its investigation into Spacey.Netflix, Spacey’s agent, his publicist, and the industry at large have all backed away from him — he’s been effectively fired from and completely recast in a movie that’s still slated to come out in December, amid plenty of other fallout.Here’s what we know so far about the allegations that have surfaced against Spacey, and the consequences that have ensued.
On November 16, London’s Old Vic Theatre, where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015, announced that a hotline it set up to facilitate its investigation into Spacey had received 20 allegations of “a range of inappropriate behavior,” all concerning young men over the age of 18.